A worker under the influence of drugs or alcohol…
- is late three times as often as fellow employees;
- has 250% as many absences;
- is five times more likely to file workers’ compensation claims;
- is involved in 350% more accidents at work;
- is 33% less productive;
- uses three times as much sick leave;
- is nine times more likely to have an auto accident.
Drug Screening & Alcohol Testing
California Live Scan offers confidential and accurate drug and alcohol testing for employers, schools and probation programs, as well as for concerned or worried parents. We offer in-office and mobile testing for pre-employment, reasonable suspicion, post-accident and return-to-duty, as well as random and follow-up testing as required.
Our drug testing centers are available to provide you with the most reliable testing for all major drugs of abuse
We strongly advise all our clients to institute a comprehensive drug-free workplace policy and a drug testing program for their businesses. You will be guaranteeing yourself a safe workplace with greater worker productivity – all the while protecting yourself from drug-related liability claims.
As with our other divisions, California Live Scan is able to serve you both in our office and on-site through our mobile drug testing centers. We accept appointments and walk-ins at our central location; mobile testing can be arranged quickly and easily by calling (833) 669-7226 and asking to speak with a drug testing specialist.
California Life Scan provides the following standard drug and alcohol panels:
- Breath alcohol
- EtG/EtS alcohol
- Blood alcohol
- 5-panel urine – marijuana, cocaine, opiates, amphetamine/methamphetamine, phencyclidine (PCP)
- 10-panel urine – marijuana, cocaine, opiates, amphetamine/methamphetamine, phencyclidine (PCP), benzodiazepines, barbiturates, methadone, methaqualone and propoxyphene
- 10-panel urine with expanded opiates – marijuana, cocaine, amphetamine/methamphetamine, phencyclidine (PCP), benzodiazepines, barbiturates, methadone, methaqualone, propoxyphene, opiates including codeine, morphine, 6-acetyl morphine (heroin), hydrocodone, hydromorphone, oxycodone and oxymorphone
- 5-panel hair test
- 5-panel hair test with expanded opiates
Other drugs can be added to the standard testing panels, including:
- buprenorphine (Suboxone)
Customized testing panels are available. Please contact our office for details.
We employ the following testing methods:
- Urine Testing
We provide immediate lab-based urine testing. Urine testing will detect recent drug use, with an approximately 72-hour look-back period. Urine testing is the only method approved for federally mandated drug testing.
- Point of Collection Testing (POCT)
Both our office and our mobile centers offer drug testing with a standard 5- or 10-panel drug test. Instant breath alcohol testing is also available. For testing done using urine, negative results are usually available the same day; other specimens are sent to the lab for further review with results available in 2 to 3 business days.
- Hair Testing
Using this method, a small sample of hair is taken and analyzed for the presence of any drug molecules embedded in the hair shaft. Hair growth is fed by nutrients supplied by the bloodstream, thus the hair shaft constitutes a chronological record of everything the body has ingested over time. Hair testing gives an extremely long look-back extending for approximately 90 days. All our hair tests are done quickly and easily at the test center in the presence of a monitor to verify the integrity of the sample. Results are usually available within 2 to 3 business days.
All our drug testing is 100% confidential.
No appointment necessary at our office. Walk-ins welcome.
Give us a call 24/7 or send us an email:
California Live Scan Service
555 Anton Suite 150 Costa Mesa ca 92626